Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hisham Bharoocha

Hisham Bharoocha is a visual artist and musician based out of Brooklyn, New York. I first became aware of his artwork when attending a concert of his former band, Black Dice. He had designed the band's beautiful and mesmerizing album covers. I am not 100% sure if he uses photoshop for all of his artwork, however I can only imagine that he does for some of his collages, because they seem to have effects that wouldn't be possible with actual hand-to-material work. At any rate, they are pieces that certainly could be done with Photoshop and illustrate how one does not have to abandon texture and a certain tactile and hand-rendered quality when working with digital media. He is an inspiration because, as he's designed magazine covers and albums, he displays how the line between art and design is malleable.

Please visit his website, http://hishamb.net/ for his full bio, CV and examples of his work (he is also a fine photographer and painter).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.